Commencement of Laytime 4th ed
Published: May 2006
Publisher: Informa Law from Routledge
Country of Publication: UK
Despatched in 5 to 7 days.
Commencement of Laytime, 4th Edition is the only in-depth examination and discussion of the most important financial aspects of laytime, which can affect all voyage charterparties and international contracts for the sale of goods. Unlike many other publications the information is presented in a style which is readable by ship operators, traders and other lay persons as well as legal professionals.
This new edition provides:-
- The latest important judgments since the last 1998 edition (Court of Appeal and High Court) such as:
- The "Happy Day" - commencement of loading/discharging regarding waiver and estoppel
- The "Nikmary" - readiness and absolute obligation of the charterer to provide a cargo
- The "Mass Glory" - assessment of damages regarding arrival of vessel and setting off laytime
- The "Stolt Spur" - owners using their vessel for their own purposes while it waits for berth
- The "Solon" - exceptions
There are fully revised and improved chapters with special attention being paid to changes in and clarification of the law as reflected by the judgments & reported abritrations, and a large number of additional London Maritime Arbitrations which have been reported.
Finally, there are new sections on:-
- Non-production of bills of lading
- 2004 ISPS Code
- International contracts for the sale of goods