Law of Legal Services
Published: August 2015
Publisher: Jordan Publishing Ltd
Country of Publication: UK
Written by a leading expert in the field with extensive first-hand experience of all of the legal issues that affect practice, and with specialist contributors, the result is an authoritative and accessible work that provides real insights into current legal issues and the complexities of legal practice.
It aims to help practitioners mitigate the increasing risks faced by practices of all sorts.
The work covers:
- The legal relationship with clients
- Indemnity insurance and costs
- The protection of goodwill
It also looks at important issues such as:
The Law of Legal Services
- Authorisation including Alternative Business Structures
- Codes, misconduct and regulatory action
- The obligations to clients including contractual terms, negligence and the Ombudsman
- Compliance including COLPs, COFAs and anti-money laundering
- Protecting goodwill including restrictive covenants and electronic media
will be a key reference work for all legal practices and will provide a ready answer to the many legal issues that crop up in modern practice. It will also provide, for anyone involved in the management of legal practices, essential knowledge of the legal risks they face.