Intellectual Property Issues in Commercial Transactions
Published: November 2007
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Country of Publication: UK
Format: Hardback & CD-ROM
Price: £323.00 + £6.46 VAT
This authoritative book provides practical guidance on the commercial exploitation of intellectual property from a practitioner’s, rather than from a theoretical or academic, perspective. It deals with the legal and
commercial issues that arise in relation to intellectual property in a wide range of business transactions, going beyond licensing and assignment to explain IP issues in situations such as takeovers, joint
ventures and franchises.
Each chapter explores a different type of transaction, giving up-to-date, commercial tips for the practitioner on how to proceed, taking into account the practical demands of business clients. It also explains the
differences of approach in key European jurisdictions, essential for international exploitation of IP rights.
- Arranged by the various commercial transactions in which Intellectual Property is relevant, making it easy to track down answers
- In addition to detailed legal analysis, contains practical examples and case studies to make the issues clear
- Deals with a broad range of commercial and legal issues, from warranties and indemnities to due diligence, taking security and co-existence agreements
- Covers tax and competition issues
- Includes checklists of issues to consider and drafting points – to save time and help ensure nothing is overlooked
- Features precedents of commonly used documents – both in paper and on an accompanying CD for ease of use
- Explains – with examples – the differences in approach in key European jurisdictions
All contributors are from Baker & McKenzie.