Regulation of Insurance Looseleaf
Latest Release: May 16, 2019
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Country of Publication: UK
Format: Looseleaf, 2 Volumes
(Usual price £2330.00)
Subscription Type: Annual Subscription
Domestic Renewal Price: £1864.00
Overseas Renewal Price: £1900.00
This is a Print On Demand Title.
The publisher will print a copy to fulfill your order. Books can take between 1 to 3 weeks. Looseleaf titles between 1 to 2 weeks.
This loose-leaf service provides definitive coverage of the regulatory regime, with a detailed examination of the current regulation of insurers, reinsurers, intermediaries and insurance contract terms. Focusing on the UK and Eire, with an overview of regulation in other EU member states, it gives practical and expert guidance on insurance regulation.
- Examines the concept of regulation and the policy objectives underpinning a multitude of national legislative provisions; provides an overview of the implications, for insurers in the UK, of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000
- Provides detailed coverage of UK insurance company law with particular reference to the current licensing and compliance requirements of the FSA Handbook of Rules and Guidance; the investigatory, remedial and other powers of the FSA and insurance company insolvency law
- Shows how access to Western European insurance markets has been liberalised and progress made towards liberalising all insurance markets on the whole continent of Europe
- Examines the regulation of insurance and investment intermediaries in the UK and Ireland
- Covers supervision over common law insurance (and investment) contract terms in both the UK and Ireland
Subscription Information: 3 updating releases per year. The first year's updating issues are supplied as part of the initial purchase price. Subscribers are then charged annually for subsequent updating. Any time start annual subscription for this title. We will contact you before renewal each year to ascertain whether you wish to renew your subscription.