Learning and Development for Law Firms
Published: June 2010
Publisher: Ark Group
Country of Publication: UK
Despatched in 3 to 5 days.
Law firms are right to expect high performance from all their partners and professionals. But what can you do to bring this about?
Forward-thinking firms know that a sound learning and development (L&D) strategy chosen to meet the unique needs of their firm is a vital component to their business success.
Managing Partner’s new report on Learning and Development in Law Firms provides an in-depth look into successful L&D strategies in the current legal market. It examines what works in different sized firms and provides vital guidance on how to select and implement the right approach for your own firm.
Specifically, this report will demonstrate how you can:
- Use L&D to bring about real performance improvements;
- Win new business through focused training;
- Attract and retain talent through exceptional development opportunities;
- Prepare employees for progression through integrated development programmes;
- Apply the right kind of learning and development at every level;
- Maximise the effectiveness of informal learning and knowledge sharing;
- Use technology and new media such as e-learning, webinars, social networks, wikis, blogs and virtual academies;
- Use feedback from clients as a powerful catalyst for development;
- Bring about effective learning and development on a tight budget;
- Justify the investment in learning and make sure you get the best return.
- Featuring real-life practical case studies and examples from top firms including: Clifford Chance, Hammonds LLP, Berrymans Lace Mawer, SBKG & Associes, Kester Cunningham John and more…
You will gain valuable insight into how firms are successfully using L&D to deliver the high levels of performance required to remain competitive in the current business climate.
PLUS….within the report you will find a useful appendices packed with worksheets and templates to work from immediately, including:
- A multi-dimensional career model;
- Development and evaluation methods;
- Coaching and facilitation tips;
- Appraisals and perception surveys;
- A sample survey for assessing your firm’s cultural values;
- And, a practical diagnostic tool to help you assess performance and pinpoint specific areas for action that will deliver the best results for your firm.