Competitive Strategies for European Law Firms
Published: July 2010
Publisher: Ark Group
Country of Publication: UK
Price: Out of print
European law firms face tough challenges ahead:
- A market experiencing little growth;
- Currency fluctuations;
- Commoditisation of certain practice areas;
- Competition against UK and US law firms establishing on the continent; and
- A decrease in partner profitability.
- So you’d think it would be extremely hard to develop a sustainable growth strategy.
Managing Partner’s Competitive Strategies for European Law Firms report is filled with real-life case study examples of European firms which have shown substantial growth in the last year. Packed with award-winning strategies, tools and techniques, this report will show you how:
- Ţuca Zbârcea & Asociaţii devised an innovative billing and pricing strategy;
- Uría Menéndez developed a long-term strategy for growth;
- Garrigues paved the way for CSR in Europe;
- Miller Rosenfalck LLP found the key to a successful international strategy;
- Portolano Colella Cavallo broke ties with the billable hour; and
- LABLAW adopted a modern approach to law firm structure.
Leading European law firm management experts - Barend Blondé, Jérôme Rusak, Inga Masjule, Marisa Mendez, Juliana Garcia, John Kettle, Miguel Teixeira de Abreu and Antoine Henry de Frahan – also provide their sought-after advice on how these strategies can work for your own firm.
This report covers all the need-to-know elements of law firm management for the progressive European firm, including:
- Exploiting the opportunities presented by the downturn;
- Aligning business development and marketing with your firm’s overall strategy;
- Implementing an effective international strategy;
- Financial planning and management;
- Competitive pricing of legal services;
- Attracting and retaining top talent; and
- Law firm governance.
- Competitive Strategies for European