Outcomes-focused Regulation: Compliance in Practice
Published: August 2011
Publisher: Ark Group
Country of Publication: UK
Price: Out of print
Number of Pages: 133
October 6th 2011 marks the introduction of the new SRA Handbook which will trigger the biggest change to law firm regulation in decades.
Managing Partner's new report, Outcomes- Focused Regulation: Compliance in Practice, breaks down the key regulatory changes into bite-sized easy-to-understand portions and provides practical guidance to aid compliance.
This must-have guide draws together all the requirements for systems and procedures from the different sources within the Handbook to help you understand your obligations and formulate an effective compliance plan for your firm.
What makes this report unique?
Never-before seen real-life case studies and perspectives from leading practitioners including Stuart Bushell, Duncan Finlyson, Peter Scott, Vanessa Shenton and John H Verry are included to assist you with:
- COLPs – who to appoint and how to integrate their roles;
- Treating Clients Fairly – how this works in FSA regulated firms;
- Good governance and how a whistleblowing policy will work;
- Governance and Risk management – why this is elevated to Principle status;
- The controls which the SRA might use in relation to non-compliant firms;
- What the client care outcomes mean in practice; and
- Compliance planning - including invaluable training and procedure options.
Whats more, this critical guide has been written by Bronwen Still and Tracey Calvert who were both instrumental in the drafting of the SRA Handbook and have first hand experience in inspecting and advising firms on ethics and compliance.
Key topics covered include:
- The SRA Principles;
- The SRA approach to authorisation;
- The SRA Code of Conduct and an explanation of compliance requirements and risk management strategies in key areas such as client care, conflicts of interests and confidentiality, referrals, outsourcing, separate business and overseas practice;
- Discussion of other compliance requirements in the SRA Handbook;
- The SRA approach to supervision; and
- Compliance planning.
Outcomes- Focused Regulation: Compliance in Practice is an essential reference guide that should be on the desks of everyone in your firm with compliance responsibilities including COLPs, COFAs, partners, directors, department heads, practice managers and finance directors.