Outcomes-Focused Regulation: Compliance in Practice 2nd ed
Published: February 2013
Publisher: Ark Group
Country of Publication: UK
Format: Paperback (133 Pages)
Despatched in 4 to 6 days.
This critical report offers practical guidance to aid compliance with the most recent updates to the SRA Handbook – and the upcoming changes to Outcomes-Focused Regulation.
Fully updated for 2013, the second edition includes:
- An overview of the 6th edition of the SRA Handbook which published 1 Jan 2013; plus advice on upcoming amendments to the handbook in version 7 due April 2013;
- Fully updated advice on the SRA's approach to authorisation, risk and supervision;
- The SRA Code of Conduct - compliance requirements and risk management strategies in key areas (client care, conflicts of interests and confidentiality, referrals, outsourcing, separate business and overseas practice);
- Information on the SRA's Strategic Plan 2013-15 and the SRA's Regulatory Risk Framework;
- Information on the regulatory changes and the SRA's response to the LASPO Act 2013, including a checklist of action points to show your firm has considered these changes and updated compliance plans.
Respected authors, Bronwen Still and Tracey Calvert were both instrumental in the drafting of the SRA Handbook and have first hand experience in advising firms on ethics and compliance.
What makes this report unique?
New and updated real-life case studies, examples and perspectives from leading practitioners give you critical insight into:
- COLPs & COFAs - How appointments were made and advice on the practical issues facing those in the roles;
- The FSA regulatory experience and how this compares with SRA regulation;
- Good governance and how a whistle-blowing policy should work;
- Compliance planning - Invaluable tools and procedure options; and much more...