Law and Practice of the World Trade Organization Looseleaf
Published: March 1995
Publisher: Oceana Publications
Country of Publication: USA
Format: Looseleaf, 5 Volumes
This is a Print On Demand Title.
The publisher will print a copy to fulfill your order. Books can take between 1 to 3 weeks. Looseleaf titles between 1 to 2 weeks.
Designed for use by the practitioner as well as the academic researcher, this set provides an extensive examination of the new rules of international trade, as negotiated by representatives of more than 120 nations. This five-volume set contains insightful commentary written by international trade experts, the full text of all related treaties, plus electronic access to WTO Dispute Resolution Decisions.
Also includes full text of fifteen relevant treaties, including The Multilateral Agreements on Trade in Services, Understanding of Commitments in Financial Services, Understanding of Commitments in Financial Services, and the The Agreement on Government Procurement.
- What the WTO's far-reaching affects are on practitioners
- Why the WTO is different from its predecessor the GATT
- The international trading rules established by the Uruguay Round and GATT
- How these rules differ from those established in the prior Dillon, Kennedy, and Tokyo Rounds, as well as the original GATT of 1947.
Additionally, the set includes the full-text decisions of the Dispute Settlement panels, as they evolve, and provide understanding about:-
- The significance of the Dispute Settlement Understanding (DSU)
- The binding nature of panel decisions
- The procedures for the sanctioning of non-conforming trading partners
A separate volume, dedicated to informative Commentary from leading authorities in the field, will focus on such critical topics as:-
· Financial Services
· Subsidies and Countervailing Measures
· Dispute Settlement Mechanism
· Trade-Related Investment Measures (TRIMS)
· Trade in Services
· Technical Barriers to Trade
· Intellectual Property Protection