Professional Liability in Australia 3rd ed
Published: November 2015
Publisher: Thomson Reuters Australia
Country of Publication: Australia
Usually despatched in 1 to 3 weeks.
Professional Liability in Australia, Third Edition provides readers with a comprehensive and definitive analysis of the law of professional liability in Australia, bringing together the law for a range of different professions.
Following a discussion of general principles, each chapter explores the issues as they relate to doctors, solicitors, barristers, accountants and auditors, building professionals, valuers and financial services professionals.
The issues essential to each profession are discussed, such as:
- duties owed to clients and third parties (in statute and in general law);
- standard of care and skill required;
- principles of liability;
- liability for breach of duty;
- defences available; and
- damages and other remedies.
New developments incorporated in the Third Edition include:
Professional Liability in Australia
- a significantly increased number of superior court decisions concerning provisions of the civil liability Acts, relevant to professional liability claims;
- the impact of proportionate liability schemes on professional liability claims;
- the introduction of the Legal Profession Uniform Law;
- the introduction of the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law;
- the introduction of the Australian Consumer Law;
- fresh coverage of all aspects of the liability of financial services professionals; and
- recent decisions relating to the admissibility and use of expert opinion evidence applicable to claims against professionals.
, Third Edition is an essential resource when prosecuting or defending professional liability claims.