The Family Law Handbook: Your Practical Guide to Australian Family Law 4th ed
Published: June 2016
Publisher: Thomson Reuters Australia
Country of Publication: Australia
The Family Law Handbook, 4th edition, is a practical guide for people involved in or thinking about separation or divorce. Written in plain English, it explains the workings of the Australian system of family law and sets out the practical issues to be dealt with by a separating couple.
The Family Law Handbook addresses not only how the family law system works, but all aspects of separation and the making of workable parenting, property and financial arrangements for a successful post-separation life, including:
- what to do immediately after separation
- how to negotiate with your former partner
- how family dispute resolution works
- making the best possible arrangements for children
- how to achieve a fair property settlement
- what happens at court and what each party, with or without a lawyer, should do.
This book contains samples of parenting plan provisions, court orders, forms and affidavits that can be adapted for individual use, and a list of useful contacts and resources.