Data Protection Laws of the World Looseleaf
Latest Release: October 24, 2017
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Country of Publication: UK
Format: Looseleaf, 2 Volumes
Subscription Type: Annual Subscription
Domestic Renewal Price: £1280.00
Overseas Renewal Price: £1302.00
This is a Print On Demand Title.
The publisher will print a copy to fulfill your order. Books can take between 1 to 3 weeks. Looseleaf titles between 1 to 2 weeks.
Data Protection Laws of the World goes through the data protection legislation of over 30 jurisdictions, showing what data can be held, what information can be disclosed, what the subjects' rights are, whether data can be transferred from one jurisdiction to another and what the procedures are for the transfer.
- Shows the legality or otherwise of transferring data from one jurisdiction to another
- Explains how to comply with different jurisdictions' data protection laws when transferring data
- Enables the status of the host jurisdiction and recipient jurisdiction's laws to be assessed prior to the transfer of data
- Sets out which authorities have to be informed of intended data transfers and what fees are payable
- Itemises offences relating to data protection, the remedies which can be used and the sanctions which can be imposed
- Looks at the effect of the EU Directive and the standards of data protection it requires of member states and those operating in or with member states.
: 2 updating releases per year, included in fixed annual January to December subscription. If main-work is purchased after 1 October the subscription for the following calendar year is included in the purchase price.