The English Legal System 2015-2016 16th ed (eBook)
Published: June 2015
Country of Publication: UK
Price: £29.16 + £5.83 VAT
The amount of VAT charged may change depending on your location of use.
Once the order is confirmed an automated e-mail will be sent to you to allow you to download the eBook.
All eBooks are supplied firm sale and cannot be returned. If you believe there is a fault with your eBook
then contact us on
email@example.com and we will help in resolving the issue. This does
not affect your statutory rights.
This eBook is available in the following formats: ePub.
Need help with ebook formats?
Slapper and Kelly’s The English Legal System explains and critically assesses how our law is made and applied. Annually updated, this authoritative textbook clearly describes the legal rules of England and Wales and their collective influence as a sociocultural institution.
Slapper & Kelly has become the classic textbook in its field, needing no introduction to UK law lecturers who have trusted its reliability and currency, recommending it to generations of students. Updated on an annual revision cycle, the 16th edition will introduce some significant new revisions, in line with course research and market developments:
- Increased focus on law and morality, in accordance with recommendations of the Legal Education and training Review for increased focus on legal ethics on the undergraduate curriculum
- Continued updating of access to justice and funding for legal aid, cost of going to law and implications for citizens and the legal system
- Updated chapter on Legal Services to include up-to-the-minute content on access to and training of the legal profession and modes of business
- Updated chapter on alternative dispute resolution to reflect growth in ADR-type practices
Key learning features include:
- a clear and logical structure with short, manageable, well-structured individual chapters;
- useful chapter summaries which act as a good check point for students;
- sources for further reading and suggested websites at the end of each chapter to point students towards further learning pathways;
- an online skills network including how tos, practical examples, tips, advice and interactive examples of English law in action.
Relied upon by generations of students, Slapper and Kelly’s The English Legal System
is a permanent fixture in this everevolving subject.