Standard Letters in Architectural Practice 4th ed
Published: May 2008
Country of Publication: UK
Format: Hardback & CD-ROM
This book provides over 300 standard letters for architects and contract administrators to use at all stages of contract administration. The letters are grouped into sections which correspond with the RIBA Plan of Work: the aim is to cover all the common situations encountered in practice.
This fourth edition has been revised to take account of the extensive changes to virtually the whole of the JCT suite of building contracts. Unless otherwise stated, all letters are suitable for use with:-
- JCT Standard Building Contract (SBC);
- JCT Intermediate Building Contract (IC);
- JCT Intermediate Building Contract with contractor's design (ICD);
- JCT Minor Works Building Contract (MW);
- JCT Minor Works Building Contract with contractor's design (MWD);
- JCT Design and Build Contract (DB);
- and, GC/Works/1 (1998) With Quantities Contract.
The latest edition also takes account of the CDM Regulations 2007, the revised RIBA Code of Conduct and its associated guidance notes, and the RIBA standard agreements for the appointment of an architect issued in 2007. Architects and contract administrators spend a great deal of time writing letters of various types. Many of them are routine and repetitive in character, but they require proper consideration if potentially dangerous liability situations are to be avoided.