Keating on NEC3 provides detailed guidance on the three contracts that comprise the NEC3 suite of construction contracts.
Reproducing the complete terms of the Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC), Subcontract and Professional Services Contract, it sets out clause-by-clause commentary explaining how those contracts are intended to operate, highlighting any ambiguities or questions of interpretation that can arise.
NEC is used across the construction sector, including BAA's Terminal 5, Channel Tunnel Rail Link and the Eden Project and has been adopted for use in construction work for London's 2012 Olympic Games.
- Reproduces the three NEC3 contracts in full – with clause-by-clause commentary explaining how they are intended to operate
- Highlights questions of interpretation that arise, with reference to relevant case law
- Provides a first port of call in advance of litigation, with detailed commentary on interpretation of clauses
- Gives invaluable assistance for drafting, with practical discussion on why particular clauses are used and possible amendments
- Supplies the know-how of leading barristers experienced in advising on NEC3 contracts
- Explains the topic in a clear, practical style
- Uses diagrams and flow charts to illustrate the range of choices that arise from combining core clauses with the various options clauses contained in the ECC and other contracts