Sexual Offences: Law & Practice 3rd ed with 1st supplement
Published: September 2004
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Country of Publication: UK
Format: Hardback & Supplement
Price: Out of print
Rook & Ward on Sexual Offences is the leading title on sexual offences and is frequently used as a court reference. No other text covers the subject so comprehensively, including all the statutory and Common Law offences, all the evidential issues such as the anonymity of victims, taking children's evidence, DNA samples, previous sexual history and disclosure, and sentencing issues for sex offenders.
The new Sexual Offences Act 2003 overhauls much of the law in this area, and the text covers all provisions of the Act in full.
- The 1st Supplement was published in December 2007
- New edition of the leading text in this area
- Provides expert guidance on the radical changes introduced by the Sexual Offences Act 2003
- Clarifies the unique evidential problems in this field
- Now more practitioner-focused than before - with flowcharts and checklists helping explain complicated areas
- Special coverage of dealing with vulnerable witnesses - both the increasingly complex law and the practical issues