Successful Merger Integration for Law Firms
Published: April 2011
Publisher: Ark Group
Country of Publication: UK
Price: Out of print
Number of Pages: 83
Is your merger generating value for you and your partners? If the answer to this question is not a resounding ‘Yes,’ it is not too late to maximise the end results.
Managing Partner’s Successful Merger Integration for Law Firms report will show you how to implement an effective business integration strategy to ensure you secure the results you set out to achieve.
Renowned legal management consultant Jeff Gillingham examines the key challenges of merger integration and provides critical guidance on how to:-
- Overcome irritating, but key issues such as partner ownership value;
- Use the merger as a tool to build a sustainable delivery model;
- Lead and plan successfully for a merger integration – the 7 key phases;
- Ensure management continuity to avoid delays and disruption to the business;
- Develop an effective communication plan - internally and externally;
- Integrate people, IT, knowledge and remuneration structures;
- Ensure that clients are not affected during the business integration period;
- Put in place a high performance culture through a solid talent retention strategy;
- Realise your planned cost savings and revenue improvements; and
- Avoid disruption through the development of a risk mitigation plan.
Gillingham provides an in-depth look at financial forecasting and budgeting both during and after a merger, demonstrating how your firm can go about maintaining crucial revenue growth.
Post merger early wins and quick hits are also discussed in detail as a method of maintaining momentum and providing assurance for key stakeholders early on.
You will also find useful appendices within the report, including:-
- A business plan template for the new firm;
- A practical framework for cascading tactical plans down to departments;
- A detailed internal communications checklist; and
- A case study of the successful integration strategy of SNR Denton.