The Osler Guide to Commercial Arbitration in Canada. A Practical Introduction to Domestic and International Commercial Arbitration
Published: January 2006
Publisher: Kluwer Law International
Country of Publication: The Netherlands
Despatched in 9 to 11 days.
Osler is internationally known as one of Canada s leading corporate/commercial law firms. In this incomparable guide for practitioners, three experienced Osler lawyers one each in Ontario, Quebec, and Alberta--provide an easy-to-use practical overview of the law of domestic and international arbitrations in Canada.
With lucid clarification of applicable legislation, both federal and provincial, and analysis of relevant case law, the Guide offers great assistance in the preparation, negotiation, process, and conclusion of arbitration agreements in Canada.
Among the topics covered arc the following:-
- important issues and key cases in all Canadian provinces and territories and under federal legislation;
- practical reasons to use arbitration and what to consider in preparing arbitration agreements;
- drafting arbitration clauses to manage risk;
- protection of confidential information;
- staying court proceedings in favour of arbitration; and
- appealing and enforcing awards.
Emphasizing the major jurisdictions of Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, and British Columbia, the Guide will he of immeasurable value to in-house and external corporate counsel, litigation lawyers, international lawyers, and business people, as well as to students of dispute resolution.