Special Discounts for Newly Called & Students
Browse Secondhand Online
Originally published in 1953, this book provides a comprehensive analysis of the Court of Wards and Liveries. The court was established on 1540 as a means of administering the system of feudal dues, it was additionally responsible for wardship and livery issues.
Formally abolished in 1660, the court had previously ceased to have a function due to the abolition of feudal tenures by the Long Parliament in 1646. Consummately researched, the text was compiled by the author during a period of employment by the Public Record Office, this allowed for extensive access to the Court's records and other important documentation.