Blackstone's Guide to The New Transfer of Undertakings Legislation
Published: May 2006
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Country of Publication: UK
The Blackstone's Guide Series delivers concise and accessible books covering the latest legislative changes and amendments. Published within weeks of the Act, they offer expert commentary by leading names on the effects, extent and scope of the legislation, plus a full copy of the Act itself. They offer a cost-effective solution to key information needs and are the perfect companion for any practitioner needing to get up to speed with the latest changes.
The UK's transfer of undertakings legislation has historically been one of the most complex, unpredictable, and commercially significant aspects of the UK's employment law regime. It has far-reaching financial, HR, and practical significance for private and public sector transitions in areas such as outsourcing, contract tenders, and asset disposals. TUPE 2005 will deliver a major restatement of the UK's 1981 transfer of undertakings legislation, and will introduce the following which employment law practitioners, contract managers and administrators will need to master:-
- A new Acquired Rights Directive
- A new concept of service provision change
- Wider protection for employees dismissed because of transfer
- Three new categories of dismissal
This Guide will cover all of these new provisions and their impact on related legislation, whilst also placing the new regulations in the context of what has gone before. The commentary in the Guide is structured in a clear and logical way, thus enabling readers to quickly access the information they require. This Guide includes the full text of the legislation and will also have a section of useful precedents.
- Provides the first practical guide, overview and commentary to these significant new Regulations, in force from October 2005, making it an essential resource for all employment law practitioners
- Includes the full text of the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (the 2005 Regs) and the Transfer of Undertakings (Pension Protection) Regulations ("the Pension Regulations") 2005, allowing quick and easy access to the legislation.
- Makes reference to the previous Regulations so as to compare and explain how the Law will now work
- Clear and easy to use layout making it is an excellent quick reference tool
- Includes a full copy of the legislation